Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Cassandra

You were an orphan
I met your mother before she tried to kill you
She described you as beautiful
Full of joy
But she didn’t want you
I took you

I couldn’t get used to you
You were strange and not so full of joy
To honest in your stance
Your green leaves quick to fade
Your torso glomming large

I thought you would die
And encouraged it by making a desert in your pot
But you lived
You were strange
But you lived

Got used to your morbid water diet
Self absorbed in some nutrient cannibalism
You liked to starve yourself
Then to gloat with some indulgence

All those years we spent together
I remember our gravel feelings
And we got it down you and I
Yes, we got it down you and I
We mellowed
I will never forget your leaves
Your tenderness with me
I kissed you when I left
Your leaves did faint
As did my lips

Remember me
By surviving my good friend

RC