Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Domaine

Facts I love you with all this heart
Out of your life I am dead like a toad in the middle of the road
Like splattered snakes on a long Texan road
One soaked dry The others ironed dry
Truths Before you I lived in a sarcophagus
Drinking water from the toilet
Teaching children for a living how to factor cow dung to the tenth power
Ire used to be my best friend
My tongue was always whipping fowl
My soul did not exist
I used to hammer tap my head
Truth
Since your embrace of heart
It pumps twice I think as fast
My brain talks to squirrels and has fun
My soul sings for the angelic choir
Devils like me too
And more have fun with me
And bloom a life whole has done
And even pot holes sink themselves to let me pass
Where I am constantly on wingless flight
Fearing only how much luck I have exhausted
So I live in fear of your kisses drying
Of your desires wilting
Hostage to my love for thee
Where every new joy that you burden within me
Builds in me a nest
Where I want only to ring thee fingers all
And undress your body whole
And sink my kisses into you
Like the grand canyon sinks into the earth
Still I do live with fear
That I have gotten all my wishes
And so much joy as God may wish to punish
You stay with me this weekend
And cancel all official social business
Let us hunt each others hearts
And hang them dry from the branches
Underneath the moon
Castled with our lips
Whispering sweets

RC