Tuesday, August 03, 2004

For the birds to frisk

There sleeps the night
Broken glass slivers through my neck
Harmless only here
My breath draws from my entrails
Sulfur vomiting my nostrils
I feel the white that has been drawn
Numb, I won’t need calming
North Star
You are closest
I want to be the first to speak desolate winds
I want to kiss desperate children
And scared them dreams
From here forward
My soul will crack grains of itself
For the birds to frisk
For the owls to hunt
From here forward
The ground will not touch my feet
Call to me
Call to me and your voice will pass a fugitive arrow
Move your hands to caress my mysterious night
And they will strike me
The immensity now on my brow
I pray with untamed dogs
Wet mud is my flesh
Your fading essence incessantly crashing into my rock

RC